A free and confidential, specialist NHS treatment service is available through the West Midlands Gambling Harms Clinic for people who gamble and need help and support.

You are not alone. We can help you with your gambling and gain control of your life again.

The treatment service can be accessed directly via a self-referral or through a professional referral, such as from your GP.

If you would like to discuss your options or you are not sure whether the West Midlands Gambling Harms Clinic is the best way forward for you, contact your GP or another trusted professional who can help you find the right support.

If you are affected by someone else’s gambling you can access our free and confidential support and advice service from ADFAM here.

Who do we help?

The West Midlands Gambling Harms Clinic offers its services to people who are:

  • 18 years old and above.
  • Registered with a GP in Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire, Telford and Wrekin, Shropshire, Birmingham, Solihull, Black Country, Coventry, Warwickshire, Herefordshire and Worcestershire.
  • Have problems with their gambling, resulting in harm to themselves and other people.

You can refer yourself to the clinic via a secure online referral form via the button below.

Please be aware that if we contact you via telephone, it is usually from a private number. if you do not answer calls from private numbers, please call us on 0300 123 0996 to tell us the best way to reach you.

  • Is your life in danger?

    If you have seriously harmed yourself, or you feel that you may be about to harm yourself (for example, by taking a drug overdose) call 999 or go straight to A&E. Or ask someone else to call 999 or take you to A&E.

  • Urgent help and support

    Visit the Samaritans website

    If you're feeling suicidal or are worried someone else is, get help today from Samaritans. Call 116 123 at any time, for free, or email jo@samaritans.org

Already receiving specialist mental health or drug and alcohol services?

If you are already receiving care from specialist NHS mental health services, or drug and alcohol services, then you will have a contact for your care coordinator or another health professional in the team looking after you. This will be in your care plan.

If you cannot find this or you need urgent help to access services, you can call the Single Point of Access (SPA) via the details below.

Crisis Care Centre North Staffs Stoke-on-Trent, Newcastle-under-Lyme, Staffs Moorlands). 0800 0 328 728 (option 1) 24hours
Crisis Care Centre South Staffs Stafford, Stone, Rugeley, Cannock, South Staffs, Lichfield, Burton, Uttoxeter, Tamworth). 0800 196 3002 24hours
Shropshire Telford & Wrekin Shropshire and Telford & Wrekin 0800 196 4501 24hours
Hide Page
Back to top